[Hampshire] Strange Ubuntu eject problem

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Strange Ubuntu eject problem
Hi all

OK, I'm all googled out - perhaps someone can help with this...

I'm trying to play an mp3cd in Feisty using Totem. It's working fine - but I keep getting error boxes "Can't eject volume
010500_1" (or something like that - typically it hasn't done it for 10 mins since I started this thread!). 010500_1 is the
title of the cd and I don't want to eject it.

A bit of googling tells me this looks something to do with a USB stick which I pulled out without informing Ubuntu first
the other day - but the thing is - I don't want to eject the cdrom it's telling me it can't eject - there's nothing to do with the
USB stick. The most likely workaround tells me to temporarily remove a file I don't see in the location.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Rob