Re: [Hampshire] Vonage experience anybody?

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Vonage experience anybody?
Andy Random wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have any experience with using the Vonage service:
>
>     http://www.vonage.co.uk/

> I probably don't make enough phone calls to make it worth my while
> personally, but a (very non-technical) friend was asking if I knew
> anything about them.
>
> He's looking for an idiot proof method of using VOIP and doesn't mind
> paying a little extra if it means he doesn't have to mess with a computer
> to get things working.
>
> So anybody used Vonage or anything similar?
>
> Andy

Assuming he has >2MB broadband it is an excellent feature rich service.
I use the simu-call which rings my phone and mobile simultaneously.
Caller id works well and they are about to offer anon caller blocking.
I've never had a problem with reliability and the voice quality is
pretty good. The home package at £7.99 is very good value for all your
landline calls.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk