Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57939100.hantslug.org.uk.15319': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon May 28 16:38:43 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
Hi Damian,

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 15:30 +0100, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Peter Salisbury wrote:
>
> > I have ground to a halt trying to build the nvidia driver for the new
> > 2.6.21 kernel. What I usually do first is go into the linux-headers
> > directory and run
> >

> The last time a used a Nvidia GPU there was a download, non GPL granted,
> from Nvidia that did all the hard work for you, is this an option or have
> things changed?

There is indeed a script which builds and installs the necessary blob
and driver for Nvidia cards. Personally I avoid using it because it
needs reinstalling every time you update the kernel, and I would rather
use the packaged version from my distro vendor. On Ubuntu there is
nvidia-glx-legacy, nvidia-glx and nvidia-glx-new for varying vintages of
cards.

Cheers,
Al.