Re: [Hampshire] Introductions

Author: James Ogley
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Introductions
> Welcome James, as you will try and convert your flock so the hants lug flock
> will try and convert you to debian (or debian based at least ) :)

Well, I'm by no means of the view that openSUSE is the one true way.
I'm actually a huge fan of Ubuntu, especially the way it raised the bar
in terms of commercial-community connections (in a way that Fedora's
never really managed to do in the sense of having an impact on the world
at large). I'm actually not sure we'd have got openSUSE in the way we
have without Ubuntu.

My Debian experience mostly involves trying to beat some Cobalt RaQ2s
into accepting Woody about five years ago - fun for all the family and a
complete waste of time. Not that it wouldn't install but the machines
were so pants that nothing remotely up-to-date would build without
overloading the poor little MIPS CPUs...
--
James Ogley
james@??? http://usr-local-bin.org