Re: [Hampshire] ntfs file recovery

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ntfs file recovery
On 01/06/07, john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:38:59 +0100
> Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:
>
> > "Photorec ignores the filesystem, this way it works even if the
> > filesystem is severely damaged." it says on the website,
> > http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec.
>
> testdisk which seems to include photorec is installable on my Debian
> Sid system. Could be very useful if it does what it says on the tin.

Thank you everyone. This PhotoRec tool seems to work quite well. Shame
it does not have options to only recover jpegs that are over 200k
long, otherwise it recovers all the useless clip art. At least it has
options to just recover certain types of file. E.g. Just jpegs, or
just word docs. etc.

James