[Hampshire] MP3/Ogg Players

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] MP3/Ogg Players

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57f62100.hantslug.org.uk.29604': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Jun 7 13:26:25 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

Has anyone got any experience with an Ogg/MP3 player that is
still available?

My requirements are:
* Ogg playback a must - my CDs have already been ripped to Ogg Vorbis
* MP3 playback nice - A few legacy files
* Good sounds quality - Obviously
* Linux USB connectivity a must - I don't have a Windows box
* Decent battery life and lifespan - I don't want a paperweight

I don't care if it has a colour or B&W or no screen. I don't
care about video, FM/DAB or recording. I don't are what the storage
mechanism is, but I think I'll need over 5Gb which probably means HD.

On paper the Cowon iAUDIO M3 or M5 look perfect, but I've not found
anywhere selling them in the UK, the X5 family seems far more popular.
and is available from Amazon.co.uk for example.

I'll update the wiki page with what people report, I see it has plenty
of discontiued products.

http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/MP3Players

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

To send one out of office message may be considered
unfortunate, but to send two looks like cluelessness.
    -- Simon Cozens