[Hampshire] Printers

Author: Samuel Penn
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Printers

A while back, I asked for some suggestions for getting a printer.
As an update, I've finally purchased something. After ignoring
everyone's suggestions, I went for a Xerox Phaser 8560. This is
a colour duplex laser printer, and is fast and produces good
quality prints.

Not only is it supported by CUPS, but it has a nice web interface
which allows you to upload files (text and postscript) to it
directly.

It's not cheap however (about £600), and is very much a workgroup
printer. The official inks are also quite(!) expensive, but not
overly so when compared with other colour lasers. The solid inks
are very clean as well - no messing around with toner.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???