Re: [Hampshire] mmv & wildcard expansion in bash

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] mmv & wildcard expansion in bash
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:05:14 +0100
Peter Salisbury <peterthevicar@???> wrote:

> Alternatively use DigiKam which can create date-based
> subdirectories and do dynamic renaming as you download from the
> camera (and all sorts of other goodies such as remembering which
> ones you've already downloaded, auto rotating etc).

duh! installing digikam would require me to install 62 other kde bits
and pieces which explains why it isn't on my system. My spare system,
based on the Sidux distro, has kde installed so could plug the card
reader into that box and copy the processed files back to my main
system afterwards (or even put all images onto my 'server' box
instead)

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package