[Hampshire] John Wallington

Author: Mark Lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] John Wallington
Dear Fellow Hants Luggers,

Although not a frequent poster to this list, I wanted to write about
fellow HantsLugger, John Wallington.

John and I met on this list when I posted a job offering and I'm sure he
will not mind me writing to this list today. Some 18 months ago John
joined my company in our IT department and has been a valued employee
and friend since moving from Portsmouth and making is home in Newbury.
Along with Adrian, behind the scenes John ensures the HantsLug webserver
is up and running.

Just over three weeks ago, John was diagnosed with Bronchitus and then
Pneumonia. Last week he was then rushed into hospital with a suspected
heart condition and then moved to Harefield where today he has a major
operation. I guess I can describe is condition as "critical" as the
operation is to install a VAD
(http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/disease/heartfailu
re/lvad.htm) while he waits for a full heart transplant.

I have not spoken to John and am planning to visit him next week when
out of intensive care. Other colleagues have been to see him this week
and explained that John will need to remain in hospital for the next two
months and will then move back to Portsmouth where he will need round
the clock care while he waits for a donor.

Like myself, I do not think John has been a frequent poster but I know
some List members will know him personally or know him via the List. We
bought him a PSP this week in case he gets tired of books which
brightened his day. The reason for this email is to ask anyone who may
wish to send any best wishes, I am more than happy to print them off and
take them to him next week. I am sure he will love to hear from anyone
which again, I am sure will brighten his day. Should you wish to write,
please email me at mark@??? where I will print them off and
take them to him when I visit next week.

I do not expect John to be back at work for 12 months minimum and in his
absence, I need to find someone to cover his position while he recovers.
Should anyone be looking for full time employment, again please do not
hesitate to contact me via my mark@??? email address.

Best Wishes.

Mark

--
Mark Lewis, Managing Director

[email] mark@???
[skype] deltamikelima
[tel] 0044 1635 524777
[ddi] 0044 1635 520881
[fax] 0044 1635 520580
[web] www.abscissa.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This message & any included transmitted files are sent in confidence to the intended recipient(s) only. All information & data is deemed confidential. Any such information or data may contain information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. Therefore, access to this email by anyone else other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly unauthorised & dissemination to third parties (in part or in full) is explicitly prohibited without prior consent of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is again prohibited.

VIRUSES: Although we have taken safe computing practices to ensure that this email and any file attachments are free from any virus, we advise that the recipient should also ensure they are actually virus free. This notice advises that this email has been checked for viruses.

CORPORATE: Jokers' Masquerade, Fancy Dress Warehouse and Simply Fancy Dress are trading names of Abscissa.Com Limited who's Registered Office is Union House, Kennet Side, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5PX, United Kingdom. Registered in England. Company Registration Number 4293645. Data Protection Number PZ8602733.