Re: [Hampshire] Hello

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hello
john lewis wrote:
> Looking at costs for GPS systems it looks like a decent one would
> cost more than my car is worth and cheap ones lead drivers up the
> garden path it would seem :-(

My car is worth <100UKP and my GPS is definitey wrth less than this.

FYI: its the expensive ones that take you down sheep trails and into
farmers fields.

Mine is from aldi and has only twice taken me a "long way around".
In both cases I could have avoided this by changing from the
"fast car" setting to something more appropriate.

My sister has the same (now obsolete) GPS and recently was given a
brand new top of the range tomtom with her new car. She tried it and
gave it to family - she says it croaks like a frog and she cannot
understand the screen.

So much for advacs in technology.

Jacqui