Re: [Hampshire] Print sharing problem

Top Page
Author: James Ettle
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Print sharing problem

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x577d8100.hantslug.org.uk.384': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jun 26 23:46:24 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 21:48 +0100, Chris Aitken wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Long time no post.
> I'm after some advice on the situation below:
>
> I work from home via a work laptop & VPN, and we also have a laptop
> and desktop of our own. Is there anyway of sharing the printer we have
> with all 3 PCs at the same time?
> I've already thought of a print server, but with my work PC living in
> a different network (VPN) than the rest I cannot see this working.

Try setting the routing tables so that only your workplace's subnet goes
through VPN, keeping the default route to eth[01] for local/other stuff.
(I've no problem using VPN and my print server in this way.)

--
James Ettle                                        jhe@???
Southampton High Energy Physics