Re: [Hampshire] AGP Nvidia

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] AGP Nvidia
On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 23:23:48 +0100 (+0100), Peter Brooks wrote:
> For myself I'm looking at buying a BFG GeForce 7600 GS 512MB, not a
> bad
> price at just under ?100 and I am restricted to AGP with my current
> pc.
> So is this wise and will the AGP port speed be able to take what the
> GPU can
> chuck at it?

I think the only way to be sure would be to check the card and the
motherboard. I don't think you'll need an extra power connector with
the 7600GS. Just check that you get the AGP not PCIe version.

Ah, found spec sheet for the "OC" version - it needs one molex (4 pin)
power connector. AGP 4x/8x compatible.

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers