Re: [Hampshire] Off topic: scifi question

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Off topic: scifi question
On 04/07/07, Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:

> ** Jim Kissel <jlk@???> [2007-07-04 16:16]:
> > While discussing the pro and cons of a cheap notebook at a "Best Buy"
> > shop in the USA, we got onto the subject of Science Fiction, and "Have
> > you read any good ones lately". The sales person suggested a trilogy of
> > books called
> >
> > Kapoc or Kapok/Kapac or similar. One was made into a film with Patrick
> > Swayze, but this may be a mistake.
> >
> > The story is about an alien visitor who is writing reports back to HQ,
> > but he's been judged insane and the only (earth) people he has contact
> > with are his fellow inmates and the staff.
> >
> > I don't know the correct spelling and I haven't been able to find a film
> > with P. Swayze in it that syncs with the description.
> >
> > Can anyone offer any help?
> ** end quote [Jim Kissel]
>
> I suspect you are talking about the film K-Pax with Kevin Spacey.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-PAX_(film)
> http://www.k-pax.com/
>
> which, although I didn't know until now I've checked is based on a
> series of books:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-PAX
>
> I may have to investigate.
>
> --
> Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001

It does sound like KPax by Gene Brewer.

I know this person who has just picked up the trilogy :
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/4184290. If you wish, I could approach
her to see if she could pass it on to you after she has read it. (You would
be honour-bound to join bookcrossing and journal it though :D )

--
Cayenne-UK's Bookcrossing bookshelf : http://www.cayenne-uk.bookcrossing.com