Re: [Hampshire] They way I use my computer

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] They way I use my computer
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:07:51 +0100
Cayenne-uk <cayenneuk@???> wrote:

> I have just come across this Family Tree web site.
> http://www.geni.com No doubt those of you into genealogy will know
> about it already, but it looks interesting..

I haven't come across this site before, looks like it is intended for
complete newcomers to family history. Can't see it catching on with
serious genealogists though. Part of the current fad for blogging
and the like.

I'll stick with GeneWeb as the platform for my research, my data
is here

http://startx.co.uk:2317/Kingsclere

for anyone who wants to see how GeneWeb looks in practice. People
happy using gnome may want to use the Gramps package which is very
much in the traditional genealogy format.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package