[Hampshire] Small web site needs a home!

Author: Simon Reap
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Small web site needs a home!
I'm finally losing patience with my web hosts. I've been with the same
company for over 10 years (originally Pipemedia when there were just 3
people in the company, then through buyouts by first Legend, then Thus),
and they've managed to lose my entire site several times, allowed
someone unknown to edit a couple of my HTML pages with Word, twice, and
are now bouncing emails from various people (one had "Remote host said:
553 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)" from
a friend's Yahoo mail account!). They've also changed my (IIS) server
host three times (without ever telling me they were going to do it), and
after the last change I can no longer access Noteworthy Composer (*.nwc)
files linked from my web pages.

So, all (!) I need is a few MB (say 50) of space, a little bandwidth
(just a few visitors to my Derek Bentley pages, and some 2kB .nwc
files), a handful of email accounts, email forwarding for a dozen more,
and a home for my existing domain (simonreap.com). I want to be able to
retrieve files with any extension, and I would like support which
doesn't keep you hanging on for hours or simply gives up on problems (I
only ever phone them when they've broken something...). I don't need an
Frontpage extensions (I write my HTML in vi) or anything like that, and
a Linux server would be preferred (knew I'd get this on-topic somehow!),
with maybe Perl and PHP CGI support. I'm thinking of newnet, or
eukhost.com. Anyone got any comments on these, or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance
Simon

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the communication complies with the law and company policies.