[Hampshire] Scary

Author: Roger Munford
To: Hampshire
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Scary
My young son accidentally accidentally "disabled" the network from the
network icon whilst using Windows 2000. So the browser and email stopped
working. He couldn't explain what he had done and so I rebooted the PC.
I couldnt find what was wrong but the Windows update message told me
that there were a number of updates to download and so I clicked to
download and install them which took several minutes. Later on when I
stumbled across what was wrong and renabled the network everything
returned to normal, browsing and email.

It does appear that "disabling" the network does not actually disable
the network as far as Microsoft is concerned or is there an explanation

Regards

Roger