Re: [Hampshire] Making a single LAN out of point-to-point li…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Making a single LAN out of point-to-point links

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56878100.hantslug.org.uk.31212': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Jul 9 11:28:14 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 12:23:06AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to create a private network between several
> machines using point to point VPNs created with vtun, but I'm having
> a mental blank and wondered if anyone here had any idea.

[...]

> My problem now comes when trying to integrate islay and curacao into
> the mix.

I've cracked it now. The trick seems to be to create point-to-point
ethernet VPNs between admin.islay<->admin.corona and
admin.curacao<->admin.corona, giving me tap interfaces at each end,
then bridge those with eth1 on each host. That sounds a lot more
complicated than it is. It now looks a bit like:

http://strugglers.net/~andy/tmp/internal.txt

I love FLOSS. :)

I'm not sure what would happen if I moved admin.islay onto one of
the other dom0s though. It could create some interesting layer 2
loops. I hope STP would cope.

Cheers,
Andy