[Hampshire] [Advert] Micro-ATX Desktop PC For Sale

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, Dorset Linux Users Group
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] [Advert] Micro-ATX Desktop PC For Sale
Having replaced my daughter's PC recently I set her old one up as a
Samba server, and I have quickly come to the conclusion it is
over-specified for the job!

So, to purchase something better suited to the task, I am selling it for
£65.

It known good with Ubuntu Edgy and Feisty. To the best of my knowledge
everything is in good condition and working as it should from a hardware
point of view. The case is quite nice [1] - a screwless design that will
happily house a couple of optical drives plus a couple of hard drives
despite being mATX form factor. It is black and silver and generally in
good condition, with only the odd small mark on it. The hard drive has
never given me a problem and passed the long S.M.A.R.T. test conducted
prior to me putting Ubuntu Feisty on it recently.

Compucase 6K27 mATX Screwless Case
Shuttle mk40vn mATX Mainboard
AMD XP2400+ 2GHz CPU
Geil 1x 1GB DDR400 RAM
Matrox Millennium G400 16MB [fanless] Graphic Card
Maxtor 60GB ATA133 HDD

Please email me off-list if you are interested.

Sean

[1] http://www.funkygibbins.me.uk/Compucase_6K27_Mid_tower__5779205.jpg

Additional info:-

Compucase 6K27 Case:
General
Form Factor: Mid tower
Max Mainboard Size: Micro ATX
Supported Mainboards: MicroATX
Internal Bays Qty: 1
Front Accessible Bays Qty: 4
Width: 18 cm
Depth: 39 cm
Height: 37.5 cm
Weight: 7.7 kg
System Cabinet Features: Chassis intrusion detection
Expansion / connectivity
Expansion Bays Total (Free):
2 ( 2 ) x front accessible - 5.25" x 1/2H
2 ( 2 ) x front accessible - 3.5" x 1/3H
1 ( 1 ) x internal - 3.5" x 1/3H
Expansion Slots Total (Free): 7 Expansion Slot
Interfaces:
2 x audio - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
2 x USB - 4 PIN USB Type A
1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
Power
Power Device: Power supply
Installed Qty: 1
Max Supported Qty: 1
Power Provided: 300 Watt

Shuttle mk40vn Mainboard:
http://eu.shuttle.com/archive/en/mk40vn.htm
Specification
Chipset:
VIA KM400 Northbridge and 8235 Southbridge
supports 200/266/333MHz FSB
CPU support:
Socket 462 (Socket A)
support AMD Athlon XP, Athlon and Duron processors with 200/266/333MHz
FSB (up to 3000+)
Expansion slots:
1 x AGP (v3.0) slots support 8X and 4X mode
Important note: AGP slots supports only 1,5V mode
2 x 32 Bit PCI (v2.2)
1 x CNR (Communication Network Riser)
IDE Controller
Onboard Dual-Channel IDE Controller ATA133 (UDMA 133)
Multimedia:
AC97 v2.1 Codec
Connectors on backpanel: Line-In, Line-Out, Mike
Connectors onboard: Connector for frontpanel audio
more inputs on the mainboard for CD-ROM and AUX.
Graphics-Controller
Northbridge with integrated UniChrome? Graphics processor
128Bit-2D/3D accelerator
Networking:
10/100MBit Network-Controller onboard
VIA VT6103
Backpanel connectors:
1 x VGA
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x Parallel (SSP/EPP/ECP)
1 x Serial (COM)
1 x LAN
4 x USB 2.0 (2 further onboard)
Audio: line-in (resp. rear), line-out (resp. Front), microphone (resp.
center/bass)
Onboard connectors:
1 x Floppy drive (up to 2,88 MB)
2 x ATA133
2 x USB 2.0 (four further on backpanel)
1 x CD-Audio-in
1 x AUX
1 x Audio connector (2x5 pins + 4 pins for center/bass)
2 x Fan (CPU, Case)
Memory:
2 x 184-Pin DIMM Slots
for PC1600 (DDR200), PC2100 (DDR266) or PC2700 (DDR333)
unbuffered DDR SDRAM memory with 2,5 Volt and
with 100, 133 or 166MHz clock frequency up to 2GB capacity
BIOS
AMI PnP BIOS
stored in 2MBit Flash memory chip
Bootable from floppy, ATAPI, USB and SCSI
ATX power supply connector
Standard 20-Pin-ATX power supply connector
Form Factor
MicroATX: 20 x 23 cm