Re: [Hampshire] Possibly daft Perl/DOS question

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Possibly daft Perl/DOS question

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x566c0100.hantslug.org.uk.3518': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Jul 13 10:42:27 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 at 10:05:08AM +0100, Bond, Peter wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I'm having a wee bit of a problem uploading a file (via HTTP POST) to a suspect webserver.
> Works fine from different browsers on WinXP, fails with Firefox on CentOS, fails with the
> Perl script I've cobbled together. I'm using the LWP::UserAgent & HTTP::Request::Common
> modules for the post request, and I'm wondering if the server is failing because it is
> expecting CR/LF pairs.

Have you tried cURL from the Windows and the Linux box?

> So after all that babbling - is there an easy way to force Perl to make use of CR/LF
> in all it's methods?

I think Perl does the right thing, what does your script look like and what errors do you
get back?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Yes, I'm bitter and cynical. That does not make me wrong.
    -- anon