[Hampshire] Linux Photo Gallery Builder

Author: Stephen Davies
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Linux Photo Gallery Builder
During the BBQ the topic of photo gallery buildig came up.

Some people said that their experiences of Gallery were not all that hot.

As promised, here is the application that I use.

Its called 'album' (Now there is a surprise) :-)
You can D/L it from the following url

http://marginalhacks.com

There are a number of different styles you can try out on the web site
before D/L.
The only thing I want to add to it would be the ability to supply a
template page with all the reference to the CSS etc that defines the
style and appearance of your site.
I'm doing this primarily as part of a total redesign of the Aldershot &
Farnham Camera Club (plug. plug) ( http://www.afccweb.net) that I'm
doing over the summer. The old/current site uses frames. The new design
uses CSS exclusively.

Naturally, if there are other tools, I'm sure that the LUG Members will
not be slow in coming forward with their favourites... ;-)
Regards,
Stephen Davies