[Hampshire] internet connection

Author: Terence Relph
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] internet connection

Hello everyoneI`ve been reading the emails for months now and I have at last decided to ask a question. The thing is i have had dapper drake on my other pc for 6 months now and I still cant get onto the internet, I`ve got a netgear DG632 modem router and a netgear FA311v2 card I also bought a WG311t wireless pci adapter for this windows pc running xp. It seems I don't have a clue about setting it all up. I just keep going round in circles getting ever more frustrated. I have tried installing them all but there are so many addresses and numbers and nothing seems to happen the way it say`s in the graphical configuration tool in Debian Admin. I would grateful if someone could help me out here maybe there is a better tutorial somewhere. Also I`m not sure if I should be installing the network card or the router first. I have searched the ubuntu forums but I fear that the answers may be to involved as I have never used linux before. I hope this is not to basic for the hints lug members. thank you for your patienceterry relph
Feel like a local wherever you go with BackOfMyHand.com
http://www.backofmyhand.com