Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:29:01 +0100
Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 22:13:00 +0100 (+0100), john lewis wrote:
> > > - claws
> >
> > Guess I should do this one since I've been using it like
> > forever :)
>
> I didn't think claws had been around that long ;-)

Claws-mail has only been around for a few weeks, but it is just a
update/rename of sylpheed-claws(-gtk2) which in turn started off as
the cutting edge version of sylpheed which I started using when I
converted to Linux from OS/2 - so it seems like I bin using it
forever ;-)

I cannot remember what I used as a mail agent under OS/2 but cannot
see me wanting to switch to any other linux package. I don't like web
mail though I did set up an opera web mail account in case I wanted
to send emails from abroad but since the house in France has now
been sold am unlikely to want to do that in the near future.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package