Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...
** Andy Random <andy.random@???> [2007-08-01 00:45]:

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Tony Whitmore wrote:
>
> > However, I'm going to keep squirrelmail around, as it's found a new
> > lease of life for me: It works brilliantly over GPRS using Opera Mini on
> > my phone and it's plainness means I won't spend a fortune on data charges!
>
> My God! Tony has a phone with a browser ?!?
>
> You mean you've finally dragged yourself into the 21st century?
>
> What happened?

** end quote [Andy Random]

Andy what's wrong with having a phone without a browser? I have two top
of the range phones:

o Nokia 7110, my original pre-colour, pre-polyphonic ringtone, pre-etc,
etc, etc... actually I think it may actually have an early version of
WAP on it.

o Sony Ericsson T210, the replacement that adds snazy features such as
colour, polyphonic ringtones and VRally! No fancy bluetooth or even
infra red.

OK, so not really top of the range ;)

All that said I'm on the lookout for a new phone as the T210 is less
functional and less reliable than the 7110. The trouble is I can't find
quite the right spec. In particular a phone with WiFi so I can install a
SIP client on it to use when I'm in the office or somewhere with a free
wireless network. There are a very few phones like this available, but
the networks and shops don't like them because they want you to use
their carrier for calls and not bypass paying them money and use WiFi!

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: