Re: [Hampshire] Apache errors

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Apache errors

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5720f100.hantslug.org.uk.6106': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Aug 3 18:32:23 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 06:24:45PM +0100, Vic wrote:
> >  - a completely blank page being returned, with no error reported
> >    anywhere, or

> As I'm sure you know, this generally means that the script has fallen over
> before sending much of import to the browser.
>
> /var/log/https/error_log might help...

It doesn't. Absolutely nothing in there. Nor in the error logs for
the VH. (Well, not for this particular failure mode)

> >    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to investigate the
> > Apache/mod_perl system so that I can work out what's going wrong?

> Use CGI::Carp::FatalsToBrowser. That causes errors to be sent to the far
> end, rather than being buried somwehere...

The errors aren't in the perl, though. The perl is fine. It's the
PHP and the mod_dav_svn parts that are causing the problems.

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
        --- Summoning his Cosmic Powers, and glowing slightly ---
                            from his toes...