[Hampshire] Mail: sending from leaf system

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Mail: sending from leaf system

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57225100.hantslug.org.uk.7477': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Aug 3 19:29:58 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
Anyone know of a simple mail proxy tool which can handle aliases?

I have a machine (actually, the same one as my previous mail),
which should send mails via a hub only. Mails will be things like cron
job outputs (and probably little else), so cron will be sending mails
to local users, and I need to have those mails re-addressed, and sent
to the local mailhub for delivery. Not all of the users on this
machine have the same name on the mail hub, so I need something which
can rewrite the envelope (e.g. turn the recipient "hugo" into "hrm"
before sending it to the server), or use .forward files to do so.

ssmtp and nullmailer don't seem to handle mail aliases -- any
suggestions?

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
         --- If you're not part of the solution, you're part ---
                           of the precipiate.