Re: [Hampshire] Eeepc (Was:Cheap Laptop)

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Eeepc (Was:Cheap Laptop)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Jim Kissel wrote:

> but this <http://event.asus.com/eeepc/>
> may have a chance to break the $250 price point. It started at $189.
> Then $199. Latest about $250, but even at that price I'll have one.

That looks like a pretty sweet machine, very portable, fast power on time,
ideal for commuting... not a powerhouse machine but you really don't need
that much power for surfing the web and writing email. Shame about the
quoted battery life (3 hours) but it is still just about good enough for
my needs.

>From the stuff I read, it's definitely not a main PC replacement, but as a

travel machine I'd love one and personally I'd be willing to pay 250 UKP
for one not $250, so lets hope it doesn't turn out to be vapourware.

Andy