[Hampshire] ODF support on Palm OS

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] ODF support on Palm OS
OK, slightly off topic, but hopefully not too far. I'm pretty confident
I know the answer to this, but since I don't like it much I'll throw it
open to the floor to see if anyone is aware of a small project kicking
around that I'm unaware of.

My Palm has just return from being repaired (it's well travelled, I sent
it to Cannock in Staffordshire and it was returned from the Czech
Republic!). When I resync'd it I followed up a link on the Documents To
Go application that announced the new version supported the new MS OOXML
(or whatever it's called) formats for Office 2007 (and interestingly
they've dropped support for a whole raft of file formats in version 9
[1], so the likelihood of adding ODF seems slim).

Anyway, this started me thinking about whether I could get an ODF
applicaiton for my Palm, but after a bit of searching and in particular
looking at this [2] page I concluded that there isn't anything out there
sadly.

[1] File formats dropped: Office 95, Wordperfect Office, Smartsuite,
RTF, Palm DOC, Appleworks and Clarisworks amongst a few others - they'r
pretty much MS Office Documents To Go now I think!

[2] http://opendocumentfellowship.org/applications - looking at that
list I see that no application is regarded as having 'perfect' support,
even the flagship product OpenOffice only has 'Works well even on
complex documents.'

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: