Re: [Hampshire] Making the Blue buttons work on a notebook

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Making the Blue buttons work on a notebook

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58492100.hantslug.org.uk.5640': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Aug 19 14:54:54 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 02:29:55PM +0100, Adam Trickett wrote:
> How do I know what key stroke my keyboard is sending to X?
>
> I've just installed Debian Etch on an antique Dell Inspiron 3500, and pretty
> much everything worked out of the box. Sounds isn't supported, but it's an
> old weird NeoMagic graphics/sound card that's not supported by ALSA.
>
> Hibernate works I just want to automate with the Fn-Suspend button. I don't
> want it to go to sleep when the lid is closed.

It may be sending ACPI events: tail -f /var/log/acpid as you press
the keys may be enlightening.

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
                   --- Ceci n'est pas une pipe:  | ---