Re: [Hampshire] NFS, LDAP, and file permissions

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NFS, LDAP, and file permissions
Graham Bleach <graham@???> wrote:
> I vaguely recall that NFS can only send 16 group
> memberships per request and this page,
> describing a patch which works around this
> limitation, seems to confirm that:

> Alex is part of more than 16 groups and it looks
> like the admin group is one of the later groups.

That's it! Thanks!

I didn't know about that NFS limitation. Cutting
Alex out of some of the unneccessary local groups
avoids the problem.

The nsswitch.conf has files before ldap, to work
around a problem with udev starting before
networking. I think I need to dig into nsswitch a
little deeper, to see if there's another work
around.

Thank you!

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.