Re: [Hampshire] Graphics card problems (slightly OT)

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Graphics card problems (slightly OT)
Samuel Penn wrote:
> Hmm, well after plugging the monitor into my gf's PC
> (that worked), then her monitor into my PC (that worked),
> I'm now back to my monitor on my PC which is now working.
>
> Possibly it was a loose connection and/or heating issue
> (it had been unplugged, plugged in, unplugged etc several
> times, so I'm not entirely convinced it was just a
> loose connection).
>
> Hopefully, when I put everything back together again
> it'll still work.

Sam,

Why don't you take it out, hit it with a hammer to make sure it's
broken*, then go out and buy yourself that nice 8600, or better still an
8800?

:)

Seriously, having had an 6800 that sounded like a hovercraft at close
range, I can say my 8800 runs cool, quiet and really fast. I have just
returned from a session on the other OS playing Bioshock with all the
bells and whistles enabled. What a great game! More than the odd nod to
Lost and lots of great gameplay and surprises.

Sean

* actually, you might be able to get a few quid for it, so prolly not
the best way to justify an upgrade