Re: [Hampshire] Graphics card problems (largely OT)

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Graphics card problems (largely OT)
Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:40:27 +0100
> Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
>

>> returned from a session on the other OS playing Bioshock with all the
>> bells and whistles enabled. What a great game! More than the odd nod to
>> Lost and lots of great gameplay and surprises.
>>

> Surprises indeed. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41921

Yeah, lots of whingeing on the forums, most badly spelled and presumably
the output of pre-teens unable to get it up and running in 5 minutes.
Lots of people saying they will never use Steam again, well not until
the next time anyway. I have to say that, for a premium service, the
infrastructure was groaning away and the key servers were not
contactable for several hours, and given that I could buy the DVD
locally for less I might give that some consideration over Steam in the
future.

I'm not too sure about some of the comments in the article, since I use
AVG and my pc didn't explode this evening. As for the rest, my Windows
install houses nothing but games and it wouldn't hurt me too much if it
did get hosed to be honest.

DRM? I'm not a big fan but then I respect the fact that if I want to
play this game I have to sign on the line or walk away. Personally I am
glad I signed up since Bioshock appears to be one of those games that
stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Sean