[Hampshire] screen resolution & deleting o/s

Author: Terence Relph
To: hantslug
Subject: [Hampshire] screen resolution & deleting o/s

hello all

Thanks for the reply Lisi, I did find something to try on the kubuntu forums (sudo nvidia-settings) but when I tried to enter this into the konsole it asked for password, but it did not allow me to enter anything at all. So tonight I reinstalled kubuntu and it seems to be ok now, BUT! I thought it would reinstall over the old one oh no, now i've got kubuntu twice and ubuntu how can I delete the old kubuntu. there are 116 updates ready to install into kubuntu should I go ahead or not because I'm concerned I will end up with same problem as before.

                                 thanks terry

100’s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk