Re: [Hampshire] ICC Colour Profiles

Author: Chris Liddell
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ICC Colour Profiles
At 09:26 05/09/2007 +0100, you wrote:

>2cf50e74.jpg Untitled2906.ems<file://d:\email\attach\Untitled2906.ems
><0880.0002>>
>*** PGP Signature Status: bad
>*** Signer: Antony Paul Whitmore <tony@???> (Invalid)
>*** Signed: 05/09/2007 09:26:04
>*** Verified: 05/09/2007 09:27:58
>*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
>
>Does anyone have any experience with ICC Color Profiles (or Colour) under
>Linux? I've tried lprof but it seems to run with a very low colour depth
>on my
>Samsung TFT panel. I'd be interested in using a colorimeter which lprof
>supports but can't find a list of what models are supported.

Remember that the vast majority of TFT screens only have 4 bit per
component colour capabilities, rather than the 8 bit per component usually
associated with "truecolour" and 16 bits per component often used for "wide
gamut" colour strategies.

That /may/ be why Iprof only gave a curtailed colour depth.

Chris

Checked by AVG Free Edition.