Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream

Author: Alex Phillips
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream
Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 21:03:17 +0100
> Alex Phillips <alex@???> wrote:
>

>> Hmm, doen't work for me on my Debian Slug (after installing the 57
>> packages mplayer requires ! ) :-
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>

> Works for me on the Nokia N800 (an ARM powered device, albeit with a
> sound card). Suspect it's a bug in the SLUG package.
>
> -jonathan

Ahh, thanks for that, its nice to know that it CAN work on an ARM, its
just a matter of getting to right software.

I did find a webpage which said that mplayers reverse-engineered real
codec won't work on a FPU-less chip, but even if this is so, I'd expect
a failure message of "this codec is not supported on this architecture"
instead of the goggledegook I did get. I'll read up on logging a bug in
Debian.

Apparently the Helix player has a FPU-less codec, but I'll have to
(cross) compile it from source as they don't provide ARM packages.

Alex.