Re: [Hampshire] SFD reminder & Thanks

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SFD reminder & Thanks
Noble R.M. wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Where abouts is this being held?

Princess square shopping mall Bracknell town centre (close to train
and bus stations, and car parks too)
google Maps:
Princess Square RG12 1LS

Saturday 15 Sept 2007
time: 10.00am to 4.00 pm

1) Please come and say hello and say nice things about Open Source
within earshot of bystanders! A crowd around the stand will generate
even more interest......

2) If you have some time available please offer to help handing out
leaflets, CDs etc also. We have an excellent pitch, crowds on tap,
and a lot of leaflets and goodies to move. (let me know on arrival, or
before if possible?)
(alan cocks)

> Cheers
>
> Rob

also help from Surrey lug

> Having seen what Alan has put together and the massive effort he's made,
> I'm really sad I won't be able to be there to take part as it's shaping
> up to be a great event. With what promises to be a busy shopping centre,
> an attractive stand and plenty of collateral to pass out there should be
> enough to keep people busy, and plenty to talk to the public about.
>
> Many thanks to Canonical - specifically Kat and Gerry, for providing
> CDs, pens, leaflets, t-shirts and a fantastic pop-up banner to attract
> the masses.

seconded!
Also many thanks to Alan Pope for donating the display space cost.

--
Kubuntu user#10391
Linux user #360648