Re: [Hampshire] Boot disk/liveCD for Windows recovery?

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Boot disk/liveCD for Windows recovery?
* Sean Gibbins (sean@???) wrote:
> My daughter has taken one step further and ditched Windows in favour of
> Ubuntu and gets on very well with it. The boys like to play the sort of
> games that Linux doesn't, so they hang on to their build in the
> knowledge that Dad hates Windows and irresponsible boys who rob him of
> the weekend by clicking on stupid ads and the like. Seems to work quite
> well as a general approach.

Since the last program that I needed windows for was updated to work
perfectly under wine, I have told my son that I am no longer
interested having windows on my machines. If he screws up windows, I
am not going to re-install it, I will just wipe it and have only
Ubuntu on my computer.

He is now a little more careful not to over fill partition. :-)

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk