[Hampshire] alpha testers required - scripts and readme (dia…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] alpha testers required - scripts and readme (diap)
Hello folks

I have a tar bundle of bash scripts and a README which defines and enables
a user to setup a simple distributed archive system (diap) using three
nodes emulating the effect of a seven day tape. There are huge limitations
to overcome but this is the first stage in overcoming them and the setup
is still somewhat laborious.

As some Luggers know, I have been working on this in my spare time and the
release is under GPLv3 and I intend it to stay that way.

If there are people with time on their hands and want to just read, or
even test or possibly add too the project then give it a whirl - see
www.diap.org.uk.

The setup attempts to define a subset of a bunch of ideas that may enhance
long term and short term archiving - all early days (i.e. ugly hack;) but
the alpha files are ready to be scrutinised and taken apart:)

I feel at this stage it's the ideas that are most important to communicate.

Cheers Damian

--
Damian Brasher
www.interlinux.co.uk