[Hampshire] Another rsync problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Another rsync problem

I have a large folder of old e-mail on one PC that I wish to move to another
PC so that I can import them into the mail client

I have used the following command to try and move the folder

mit@sun:~$ rsync -avz /home/mit/oldmail/ /192.168.1.76/home/mit/oldmail/

and this gives the following error

building file list ... done
rsync: mkdir "/192.168.1.76/home/mit/oldmail" failed No such file or
directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code11) at main.c(529) [receiver=2.6.9]
rsync connection unexpectedly closed (8 byte received so far) [sender]
rsync error:error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(454) [sender
2.6.9]

I log onto both PC's with the same user name and password

I did try sending the folder to /192.168.1.76/tmp/ but that failed with the
same error

The sending (sun) PC is Debian lenny and the receiving PC is Mepis 6.5 and I
am trying to do this while logged onto the sending PC via VNC

Any thought

Tim

PREVENT ACCESSING DANGEROUS WEBSITES - Protect your computer with Free Web Security Guard!
More information at http://www.inbox.com/wsg