[Hampshire] Sys fs, PCI & mmap

Author: Bond, Peter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Sys fs, PCI & mmap
Hi all -

I've been racking my brains over this one, and I'll have to give in and beg for help.

I have a PCI device. Sysfs happily shows it, along with the resources derived from the BARS. I'd like to mmap the resource0 file that is offered up so that I can access the memory from userspace. Googling around suggests that this functionality is available without having a driver loaded (assuming I've understood that correctly). Only problem is, that whilst a copy of devmem2 modified to use resource0 rather than /dev/mem for the mmap appears to work, it doesn't result in any PCI activity.

Rubini doesn't quite cover this scenario - or if it does, I'm not reading the right pages.

Help?

TIA,

Peter

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television, Part of the Ericsson Group.
If received in error please notify the sender and destroy the original
message and attachments.

www.tandbergtv.com