Re: [Hampshire] Dial-up modem

Author: Tom Dawes-Gamble
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dial-up modem
On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 22:08 +0100, Rob Malpass wrote:
> [...]

You should be able to do something like,

#! /bin/sh

sleep 600 < /dev/modem &
stty speed < /dev/modem
echo "ATDT12345;" > /dev/modem

You will need the sleep to be long enough that it doesn't drop the line
while your on the phone I think. You may need to set more than the
speed of the line to the modem.

You could run each of the commands from the comamand line say like:-

sleep 9999999 < /dev/modem
stty speed < /dev/moden

As long as you don't log off you wont need to run that again.

then just do

echo "ATDT 012344567890;" > /dev/modem

I was doing some work with a tty device a few days ago and used this
method without problem.

Regards,
Tom.