Re: [Hampshire] Tesco to ship Linux PCs

Top Page
Author: Dave Walker
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Tesco to ship Linux PCs

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56d9b100.hantslug.org.uk.27757': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 28 16:33:51 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key D17910D5904A3269

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 16:18 +0000, Adam Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't take credit for finding this but it appears that Tesco are shipping
> PCs with Linux on them. There is quite a buzz on the Silicon Corridor LUG
> where I spotted it.
>
> on Friday 23:57:16 Luke said:
> Apologies in advance if you have already stumbled across this;
> http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-3224/btnResultSort.x%3d509/btnResultSort.y%3d291.aspx
> http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-6129/btnResultSort.x%3d509/btnResultSort.y%3d291.aspx

<SNIP>

Hi Adam,

The first I heard of it was on the ubuntu-uk mailing list courtesy of
John Levin.

I decided to blog it, somebody submitted it to digg and it hit the front
page for a time. Around 14,000 people actually visited my blog with the
story, and many more (I suspect) would have read the story via the
planets it aggregates to. I'm quite surprised Tesco's hasn't
investigated the extra traffic those two sites have gained!

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Tesco_Every_little_helps

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker