[Hampshire] Debian problem - does not recognise zip drive

Author: Peter Alefounder
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian problem - does not recognise zip drive
My problem with an unrecognised zip drive is now solved. The original
Debian installation failed on a file called libicu (bad MD5sum). I have
now installed that, and the zip drive can be used.

I put an icon for a flash memory stick on the desktop (KDE). Going
up a level from that gives icons for system:/media/ - one of these
is IOMEGA ZIP 250 ATAPI. By clicking on that I can mount and unmount
the zip disc. That icon certainly wasn't there before.

Peter Alefounder.