Re: [Hampshire] Only 400 people use BBC News from Linux

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Only 400 people use BBC News from Linux
** Keith Edmunds <kae@???> [2007-11-02 11:12]:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:04:20 +0000, johnlewis@??? said:
> > Duh! they expect you to donate to ipetitions (and assume $10) before
> > you can sign the petition.
>
> I baulked at that too, but it seems (according to the confirmation email)
> that my signature was accepted despite not contributing. It's a shame
> about the overt demand for funds, though: it sours the petition to my mind.

** end quote [Keith Edmunds]

I'm glad it isn't just me that thought that, and also that it isn't just
me that didn't spot the fact that my signature has already been
accepted. I know I have a serious problem with advertising that is
designed to catch my attention - my brain seems programmed to ignore it.
A prime example is bold ads in Exchange and Mart or the Free Ads. Even
if I'm specifically looking for something I generally don't notice the
ones people have paid extra to hi-light! That said, advertising does
have an impact on me - I could never bring myself to purchase Cillit
Bang (I though the ads were a spoof when I first saw them!), and even
after all these years Right Guard is off my shopping list!!

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: