Re: [Hampshire] Media Box - cases & stuff

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Media Box - cases & stuff
Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm about to build a Media Box - DVD/CD/MP3/DivX player-kinda thing.
>
> I want to put it in a sort of DVD-player box, and I want an LCD / IR
> interface in addition to the usual display stuff (thought I'd run Geexbox
> or something similar).
>
> Can anyone suggest appropriate hardware?

Hi Vic,

Try:

http://linitx.com/

Hours of fun!

Not strictly what you are after I know, but this interested me:

http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=11341

Also:

http://www.ebuyer.com/cat/Cases/subcat/*Micro-ATX-----Media-Centre-Cases

I am a big fan of Antec cases at the moment - I have bought two recently
and have been impressed with the design and build quality. Lots of
consideration given to cooling, noise reduction and efficient power
consumption.

This one caught my eye:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129281

That said I have been building desktop machines and not media boxes.

Sean