RE: [Hampshire] LVM device node permissions

Author: Bond, Peter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: RE: [Hampshire] LVM device node permissions
> I've looked at udev, but it doesn't get told about the creation of
> device nodes in /dev/mapper (it gets told about /dev/dm-<n>, but
> that's useless), so udev is not the solution.

Bogged down with arguing with HP hw monitoring at the moment, so maybe I'm not reading things correctly, but what's the issue with using udev to control ownership?

http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#ownership

Peter

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television, Part of the Ericsson Group.
If received in error please notify the sender and destroy the original
message and attachments.

www.tandbergtv.com