[Hampshire] Shell foo challenge

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Shell foo challenge

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c65100.hantslug.org.uk.26072': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Nov 19 23:08:21 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

At work I was asked if I could direct all of standard out and all standard
error to the same file, while sending all of standard error to the console
and passing standard out through grep before it went to the console. It also
had to work on Windows using the windows native z shell (other Unix command
line tools such as sed, grep and tee etc allowed). I got it to work but I'm
not a shell expert, any suggestions?

I'll post my solution on the morrow if anyone is interested.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"We must get users past their misunderstandings of uptime. A reboot
doesn't mean that anything broke, there is no hardware or software
corrective action taken, so there wasn't any real downtime."
-- overheard in an MS strategy meeting