Re: [Hampshire] More deep-down difficulties...

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] More deep-down difficulties...
> What language are you writing it in?

Mostly Forth, some assembler.

> If you are linking against libc then I think you need to use the c
> bootstrap code as well

Well, I can't really. The code I'm writing is the Forth startup code; even
if linking against the C startup code made sense (which it doesn't), I'd
still have no visibility of the C symbols.

But for anyone thumbing through the archives looking for solutions - I
sorted it out. The ELF loader hands it to you on a plate. ESP points to a
block of memory; argc is at that address, argv follows immediately.

So the MPE Forth for Linux compiler got built tonight, I start debugging
next week :-)

Vic.