Re: [Hampshire] SMS gateway providers.

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SMS gateway providers.
On 05/12/2007, David Ramsden <david@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend an SMS gateway provider? Either one where you can
> email the provider and this is sent via SMS to a recipient or
> alternatively a hardware device where a SIM can be used to send the SMS.

We have been using Clickatell ( www.clickatell.com ) who provide an
email API and others including http. Technically they have been 100%
reliable though we haven't hammered the service hard. OTOH I find
their customer service and procedures rather stiff and bureaucratic.
I don't know how their pricing compares with others these days - they
run on 'credits' that you purchase from them and each SMS costs N
credits where N depends on destination carrier and location. Free
sample test SMS on their site and 10 free SMSs when you register IIRC.