Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Broadband speed capping

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Dorset Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Broadband speed capping
Tim wrote:
> As we have been discussing Broadband speed lately and I know there are a few
> Virgin (NTL) cable users on the lug I thought you might be interested in the
> information below. Until I went in search of some info regarding a stb (Set
> Top Box) tonight I did not know anything about Virgins Subscriber Traffic
> Management ((STM) thats speed capping to you and me).
>
> http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php
>
> http://abcde.co.uk/virginmedia/stm.html

Very interesting thanks. It is useful to see things laid out so
clearly too.
However the base package will allow a maximum of 300MB download
during the 5 hour peak time window 4pm to 9pm. This is not very useful
for a CD iso download when the mood takes you. The base and middle
packages both restrict down to a 1MB line when triggered.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391