Re: [Hampshire] Where to get Torx screwdrivers?

Author: Neil O'Brien
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Where to get Torx screwdrivers?
On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 12:52:32 +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> I am pretty sure I got a set of six or so interchangeable heads plus a
> handle from them for about a fiver John.

I've got a set of interchangeable Torx compatible heads on 1/4" hex
shanks which may well have come from Maplin. However I often find the
smaller sizes of limited use because they have a relatively short length
before the diameter increases to the 1/4" shank, and often won't therefore
reach down a narrow hole to the screw head.

When I had to service an Apple Power Book, I found I needed a small Torx
driver on a slim shaft. I am pretty sure Barron Tools (Shirley Road,
Southampton, tel 023 80773343) had what I was after.

Failing them, another good place to check is Lawson-HIS[1] also near
Shirley, Southampton.

Finally RS[2] and Buck & Hickman[3] are good sources for almost anything
technical. When I last checked, RS require you to be a business to use
their trade counters but you can order by phone/web as an individual;
B&H trade counters (Southampton: tel 023 80742300) seemed to accept
individuals.

[1] http://lawson-his.co.uk/
[2] http://rswww.com/
[3] http://bhinone.farnell.com/